Hyde Park Barracks Cafe

One busy weekend morning that R was in town, after visiting the World Press Photo exhibition we had a couple of hours to kill and wer...


One busy weekend morning that R was in town, after visiting the World Press Photo exhibition we had a couple of hours to kill and were desperate for reasonably good food but the places I wanted to go to were booked out. We stumbled on this place after walking down the road from the State Library and it was good! Well duh otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it...



We ordered the beetroot salad with maple walnuts,  baby calamari and crispy skin trout with radish/fennel salad and I couldn't fault any of it. Honestly though, judging by all the other customers lunching there too you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The coffee was pretty decent and the waiters were great (hello Asian Steve Jobs lookalike wearing the Hermes belt...) plus I think they do high tea too. So if you're in the area I say go for it!

World Press Photo 16

^^ World Press Photo of the Year 2015 by Warren Richardson, Australia, 2015, Hope for a New Life
By the way, the World Press Photo 16 is still going on until the 19th June. It's free! I'd been meaning to go for the past 3 years and I'm glad I finally got to see all the amazing, topical photography from around the world. Some of the photos were absolutely stunning and most of them very thought-provoking. Getting a peek into some people's lives and realities gives you some perspective and for most, this is pretty humbling.

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

I'm listening!

INSTAGRAM FEED

Flickr Images